The Canadian Bar Association’s Section of International Law will be hosting the 2010 International Law Conference: The Future of Canada-U.S. Cross-Border Relations on May 6-7, 2010 at the Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Vancouver, B.C.
The conference agenda is available here.
Conference topics to include:
- Legal lessons in inter-jurisdictional relations from the 2010 Olympics Games
- Trade issues -“buy American”, border congestion, and “cap & trade”
- Canadian and American cross-border concerns and opportunities: a dialogue between the legal profession, stakeholders, and government
- Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement, Agreement on Internal Trade, North American Free Trade and the World Trade Organization: integration or fragmentation of inter-jurisdictional law?
- Labour movement and human trafficking into the Pacific Northwest
- Year in review: report on significant cases
On Thursday, May 6 the conference dinner features a keynote address by Justice Ian Binnie, Supreme Court of Canada on “Corporate Complicity in International Human Rights Abuse – The Search for Effective Remedies.”