The name is familiar to many within the legal profession and the general public.
Marc Randazza’s stellar reputation as a leading First Amendment attorney and iconoclast is richly deserved. As the principal of the Randazza Legal Group, his credentials are impeccable. There are few lawyers like Marc Randazza who can garner such a deep and abiding respect from his peers, while striking fear and loathing in the hollow, cavernous, shrivelled hearts of censurious asshats, copyright trolls and Quislings of free speech.
I cannot say that Marc Randazza is a friend of mine. We have never met and only exchanged a few emails. I can say, without reservation, that it is my singular honour and distinct privilege to have Marc Randazza as my lawyer in the infamous Rakofsky v. The Internet litigation.
Don’t believe me? Don’t take my word for it. Here’s what other blawgers are saying about Marc Randazza:
- Marc Randazza, First Amendment Lawyer, on the Rush Limbaugh Fiasco (Mike at Crime & Federalism)
- Marc Randazza, Hero (Scott Greenfield at Simple Justice)
- Marc Randazza: First Amendment Badass (Ken at Popehat)
- The Time I Unleashed Marc Randazza On The ABA (Josh King at Corporate Tool)
- Marc Randazza Would Support Me, Right? (Vidocq at Defrosting Cold Cases)
- Righthaven, Liquified (Deviled Text)
- Marc Randazza: The Mark of Excellence (George M. Wallace at Declarations and Exclusions)
- Marc Randazza: 1st Amendment Lawyer Exemplar (Keith Lee at Associate’s Mind)
- Marc Randazza: Super Lawyer, Super Blogger? (Eric Turkewitz at New York Personal Injury Law Blog)
“…America isn’t easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, ’cause it’s gonna put up a fight. It’s gonna say “You want free speech? Let’s see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who’s standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can’t just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the “land of the free”…”~President Andrew Shepherd (Michael Douglas)
- Righthaven is Finito; Judge Strips Bottom Feeding Group of Copyrights and Trademark (righthavenvictims.com)
- Opinion: It’s un-American to silence Limbaugh (cnn.com)
- Judge Orders Righthaven to Forfeit ‘All’ Copyrights; New Auction Coming Soon (righthavenvictims.com)
- Judge Orders Failed Copyright Troll to Forfeit ‘All’ Copyrights (arstechnica.com)
- Righthaven stripped of 278 copyrights, its own trademark (teleread.com)
- Judge Orders Failed Copyright Troll to Forfeit ‘All’ Copyrights (wired.com)
- Righthaven Ordered To Forfeit Its Intellectual Property (yro.slashdot.org)
- Righthaven stripped of rights (go.theregister.com)
- Righthaven Redux – With a Difference (yro.slashdot.org)